- Start with the basics. What is your market? What is your message? What is the appropriate media? Rather than trying to target everybody with the same information/facts/figures break it into bite size chunks and make it relevant to those you aim to engage with.
- Keep it simple stupid (KISS). Several of our discussions revolved around difficulties in engaging with larger organisations with whom they (TSO’s) wanted to work with. We heard numerous out of the box marketing ideas, however everyone we spoke to had overlooked the most basic of communication – email or telephone. Ask to speak to the relevant person within the organisation.
- Everyone has a story. This is the ideal way to engage with your potential audience. By hitting upon something that is close to heart and identifiable people naturally become more susceptible to your message and more open to respond positively to your cause.
- Leverage your PR. Every newspaper and magazine need articles and scream out for those which strike a chord with their readership. Publication teams are generally happy to receive your news stories and their contact details can typically be found on their website or by giving them a call.
- Get Social. Don’t be afraid to utilise the online platforms available to reach out to people beyond your demographic. Key social networking tips; Strike a balance between work and play, connect with new people and take part in discussions.
Google is set to commence the deletion of old, inactiveRead More »