With the latest announcements on June the 23rd that businesses within the hospitality sector will be allowed to re-open on July the 4th – is your website ready?
How can I prepare?
There are several things you can do to prepare for opening on July the 4th. It is likely you will start to receive enquiries for bookings or information on your safety procedures. You may find this takes up a lot of time, responding individually and answering phone calls.
Our tips include:
- Update your website and social media channels with the latest news and plans for opening, rather than taking individual calls/emails with the same queries. This will free up your time to be working on other aspects of your business.
- Reassure customers via your news/blog/social channels with the safety measures you’ll be putting in place and what procedures they’ll need to follow to keep everyone safe whilst using your services.
- Open up your online booking calendars to allow people to make bookings/reservations. Keep this updated to ensure you don’t overbook tables/places.
- If you are running a limited service or menu post these online so people aren’t disappointed, for example, when they arrive that their favourite dish isn’t being served.
- Ensure forms all direct to an email address you manage, so that you can respond to enquiries and bookings promptly.
- Integrate online payment methods to minimise contact.
- Update opening times on your website.
- Check Google business listings are correct and you are marked as “open”
- Prepare for potential high volumes of web traffic by ensuring you have the correct hosting provision.
- Make use of Facebook’s Frequently Asked Questions feature, where you can set up automated responses to popular questions relating to your business.
- Whilst it may be daunting/stressful when the doors first open, remember to also enjoy it. Take pictures, share on social and ask customers for online reviews to boost your presence and spread the word that you have reopened!
We can help with any aspects of web maintenance, social media management, hosting and website upgrades should you need. Feel free to contact us to discuss.