A twitter background is an excellent piece of marketing space for your business. With effective use of this space you can get across your brand, sell a product, or impress a potential client.
Our tip’s to get the most from your twitter background:
- Decide what you want to achieve from your background, and stick to it (our background is purely aimed at letting you know how to get in touch with us).
- Remember, not all users have the same web browser, monitor resolution or colour depth as you do. Make sure your background will look good across the board. Ensure it’s wide, and tall enough to cope with users that fall outside your own specs!
- Make sure you blend your background with the foreground colours used on twitter, you can tweak these to suit.
Since the changeover to “new” twitter, it’s even more important to get it right, we’ve created a spec for you which should help you hit the nail on the head.
- Ensure your full background image is at least 1680 x 1050 pixels. This should cover the most popular browser resolutions, and give you a bit of futureproofing.
- Try to keep your marketing space at the left hand side of your background image, and remember that your users will be seeing upwards of 41 pixels of the left hand side (depending on resolution). We’d recommend therefore that you keep the marketing part of your background between 0 and 140 pixels wide. But as a rule of thumb, the thinner you can get it, the better.
- Leave about 90 vertical pixels above your marketing space to account for the twitter panel at the top of your window, and for the extra height created by the popup’s when you save/edit your profile.
In true blue peter fashion, you can visit our twitter profile to see one we made earlier: www.twitter.com/designthatfits/
For anyone interested in their own bespoke Twitter background. We’re currently designing them for £30 a pop! Contact us for more information