The Magento 2 eCommerce platform is undoubtedly a superb solution to consider when looking to build an online store for your business. Magento 2 is a highly robust platform, with great features out of the box. And, as solutions go, it’s highly customisable and extensible, with a huge wealth of addons available.
Magento is suitable for a wide range of projects, but typically geared towards Medium – Large online shops. Magento is the type of platform that can grow with your business. It would benefit companies who wish to expand their product, or feature offering.
The Key Features We Love
Magento is one of the most feature rich platforms available, so it’s hard to pin down all it’s amazing properties. Here are a few of our favourites:
- Multiple product types, including drop-down options – Simple, Grouped, Bundled, Downloadable/Virtual & Configurable Products enable the ability to list an incredibly diverse product range.
- Page Builder – Available since Magento Open Source 2.4.3, this addition allows you to create and manage page, category and product content more effectively and efficiently than ever before.
- Advanced Caching Engines & Architecture – Including Varnish, Elasticsearch and internal caching mechanisms help to keep your eCommerce site lightening fast.
- Comprehensive order management – Via the Magento dashboard, it gives you everything you need to manage your order and customer relationships. From invoicing, to credit memos, and with email notifications at key points of contact.
- Ability to handle tens of thousands of products and complex category structures – In part due to it’s architecture, this powerhouse is able to support tens, if not hundreds of thousands of products, of all complexities.
- Regular patch/update release cycle – Adobe typically commit to 4 releases per year. These are designed to keep your website safe and secure, as well as provide new performance and feature improvements.
- Vast marketplace, and wealth of 3rd party feature extensions – Enhancements exist across a spectrum of categories, such as order management, promotional tools, email marketing automation, marketplaces, and payment gateways, to name just a few.
- The open source edition is free – You can freely download, and then host your website wherever you choose.
Love what you hear about Magento?