The next minor update to Magento 2 releases today. That’s right, Magento 2.4.1 is out. Here’s what’s changed:
Magento 2.4.1 Open Source
Magento open source 2.4.1 introduces a variety of performance and security enhancements, including support for the SameSite cookie attribute, and CAPTCHA protection for payment and order API endpoints.
The patch includes over 150 fixes to core code, over 15 security enhancements and the resolution of almost 300 GitHub issues submitted by the community. According to the Magento release notes all known issues identified in 2.4.0 were fixed with this release.
Some of the most noteworthy updates include:
- Security enhancements to close remote code execution and cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
- CAPTCHA protection for some product and order endpoints (REST & GraphQL
- Support for SameSite cookie attribute.
- Performance improvements relating to network transfers, queue consumers, and bin/magento commands
- New media gallery improvements.
View the full Magento 2.4.1 Open Source release notes for more information.